Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Pumpkins

Halloween was wonderful....I really love this silly occasion! We had a wonderful weekend as it was quite beautiful outside. Saturday we got all dressed up for a little party in a friend's apartment. I was an 80's ski bunny and Ivan was a pimp. We got all decked out only to discover no one else dressed up!!!! slightly embarrassing, however, the hosts pulled out their "tickle trunk" and made everyone wear something silly. We enjoyed some cocktails and lovely appies.

Sunday, I wanted to have a fun "spooky day" So we slept in, ate breaky...left the dishes lying around and watched Zombieland, to which I protested at first, but Ivan insisted and it was actually pretty damn funny and very entertaining! We then went for a long walk and scoped out all of the scary homes decorated with ghosts, goblins, graves and witches....very cool. Late afternoon we had a pumpkin carving contest! Well, not really a contest as it was just the two of us...but it was a lot of fun and the results were pretty awesome. (I think I won though) The pumpkins look so cool all lit up.

I did Shepard's pie for dinner, but with roast organic lamb (so a very fancy version) and it was delicious!!! I have never made lamb before (and frick is it expensive), but it was easy to prepare...really just sear on all sides then roast in some delicious wine for 3 hrs...totally fall off the bone goodness! We sipped some lovely wine and settled in to watch another scary movie...this time it was the new Psycho which was very spooky. I had never seen the original (although now I want to) and it totally creeped me out...I think Vince Vaughn did a great job. Check it out and enjoy!

No comments: