Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lazy, Spontaenous Days

What a lazy day Saturday was. In pjays till 3PM!!! OMG, I cannot remember the last time I did that. I was a tincy bit groggy from the night before, and watched episode after episode of cooking shows on the Food Network , which I normally don't get a chance to do. I loved it...I learned a bit about how to make fois gras even more succulent on Chucks Day Off . Not only is this guy sexy as hell, he cooks like a mutha eff... and speaks french...yum...on all accounts. Then I gazed at the sexy Nigella and watched her prepare a smooth and creamy cheese cake using jelly preserves as a topping...never pie filling as she insists, and Chef At Home, the one and only adorable (yet slightly slow???) Michael Smith prep a quick and easy pasta sauce with bacon and tomato...always a perfect combination. I actually remember my mom making bacon and tomato sandwiches for breakfast/brunch on weekends. Soft white bread, smothered in mayo....Oh wow...perfect heaven.

I loved it...I loved sitting in my PJ's and watching these unbelievably sexy people create such wonders. They really inspire me.....and make me pull out my cook books to create something wonderful myself.

Clearly someone was inspired last night, when at 3pm-still in jammys, I invited my friend Aryn to come over and watch a movie since Ivan was going to the hockey game. So instead she said her friend Jen was making a spontaneous roast beef, and I was invited over to eat it!!! woo hoo! I love this woman Jen and we hadn't even met yet. As I mentioned last night "if you build it, they will come" classic line from Field of Dreams ....and a line I still believe in today! This wonderful woman felt like cooking a roast beef, and did just that , not knowing anyone would join her to dine...yet ended up with 4 woman sitting around the table, drinking delicious red wine and chattering about everything. It was a wonderful evening and I felt so grateful for being invited over, and grateful that I am just that sort of person to accept.

Life really is truly fabulous...and can lead in so many different directions...you just have to be open to accepting an invitation..go with your gut..and Enjoy!

2 comments:

helen said...

I CRACKED UP WHEN I READ YOUR COMMENT ABOUT MICHAEL SMITH. DID YOU MEAN SLOW PHYSICALLY OR SLOW MENTALLY? IF YOU MEANT MENTALLY I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!! I TRULY CAN'T STAND HIM AND HIS BIG PASTY FACE AND AFTER WATCHING HIM FOR WAY MORE THAN I LIKE TO ADMIT TO, I HAVEN'T LEARNED A THING!!!

Heather said...

hahahah, I think I meant slow in both ways!! LOL. Yes, big-pasty face is right on the money...love it. so excited to see you tomorrow Helen!!