Sunday, November 21, 2010

RMT-Kitsalano

The other day I decided to investigate my benefits program through work and discovered that we have a whole bunch of massage therapy to be used up per each calender year!!!!

We LOVE massages. Ivan loves it because he always has a sore back, and I love it just for general relaxation and well being. The key being it must be a RMT (registered massage therapist).

So we went on a mission to try and book some massages over the weekend. It's hard to get into a good registered massage place on short notice. The first place we went to was called Sage Integrated Health. I had Julie Sage (the owner) who was a very pleasant lady...but I have to say it really wasn't a massage...more like a pulling of my muscles....I am sure this type of therapy helps/works, but it wasn't really my thing. Ivan came out feeling the same way...he had a lady named Nada. He said it was a useless treatment and felt like she was just sort of patting his skin.

So yesterday we found Elements Wellness Centre and Studio which is gorgeous! It's an actual spa type atmosphere...you can actually get a mani/pedi or a facial...but you can also get a massage with an RMT! This is not very common...as usually masseuses in spas are not registered. This place is beautiful and our massages were awesome!!! I had Sue, and Ivan had Lonni. They were fantastic!!! Along with the soft music, and comfy massage beds, I was in heaven. We actually went for 1.5hrs which was a little long for me...I think 1hr is just perfect. They charge $100 bucks per hour...which was the same as Sage....but these ladies were much better!

If you have a great benefits plan at your work, and it includes massage...try out Elements and enjoy!

No comments: