Saturday, October 30, 2010

The benefits of Bikrams

Today was my 4th class of Bikrams this week! I am aiming for 4-5 per week until we leave on holidays mid December. I am loving it...I missed the way I felt after class...totally worked over, but thoroughly satisfied and proud of myself. Body feels amazing, mind feels strong and your skin just glows.

I already feel different just from these 4 classes and as they say in class...if you go 3 times per week, you will just maintain what you have, but 5 times per week and it will change your life. I am certainly living proof of that. For those who knew me when I was younger, I had severe back pain and couldn't stand or sit in a backless chair for more than 20 mins without my spine burning. And whether you know it or not...when you are in pain it can affect your entire being.

So after a few months on the mat, sweating like crazy, I completely cured my back pain, and fixed my spine. That was over 6 years ago, and I have not had any pain return!!!! It's not a miracle cure, because, like anything in life, it takes hard work, consistency and determination. I had also lost quite a bit of weight due to Bikrams as well. I have put some of it back on since I stopped going 1.5 yrs ago, and because we have been travelling and living a very indulgent life....but that was one of the greatest things about Bikrams...I could eat whatever I wanted and it really didn't affect me! That's the best part for sure!

So I will continue on my journey back to Bikrams and encourage you to try a few classes....go early in the morning if you don't like it too hot, and enjoy!

No comments: