Monday, October 25, 2010

mel·an·chol·y

Today I felt Melancholy. I never really knew what that word meant, but I knew I felt it...so I just looked at the definition and it wasn't pretty:

1. a gloomy state of mind, esp. when habitual or prolonged; depression.
2. sober thoughtfulness; pensiveness.

Well, fit the bill for today (but thank God not every day). And I spoke to a few others who were kinda feeling similar. The rain was insane this morning, beating down with a dark sky all day. I know many people can really suffer from S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) especially in Vancouver during the Winter when you don't see much sun. I have lived here 8 years now, and have learned to deal with the darkness by getting up early to attend regular yoga classes, and eating good healthful foods.

Helps that we have a bunch of nice friends who enjoy doing dinner parties, as its always fun to get together, have a laugh and enjoy good food. The rain did kinda bug me today...and I didn't do yoga today...could be a correlation there. So I did make us a very healthy Thai Veggie Soup and Ivan bought lots of green veggies for the week.

The other thing I really love doing when feeling the effects of the rain is to get a massage, and one of my best buddies Irena is treating me to one at my fave place Acalanatha this week...woo hoo!!!

On these days, I also wish I could call my mom up and go for a martini, or over to her house for a home made mommy comfort meal. Mom's just always make everything better...don't they!

Blogging is also a wonderful way for me to relax and gear down....so now I feel sufficiently relaxed, and very lazy so shall go read a book, call my grandma (a second best, since mom and dad are on a date night) and hit the bed early for a nice long sleep which I will enjoy!

No comments: