Monday, October 11, 2010

Molasses-Glazed Wings

One of my avid "food with a side of life" readers asked me if I have made Chicken wings before...and the answer is no..I have not! And they were a huge success! However, my "good wife" attempt to watch hockey fizzled fast. As soon as we were finished eating, I stared at the wall beside the T.V. for 5 minutes (because I found that more interesting), then apologized for my lack of interest and excused myself.

There are not too many places one can hang out when you live in a condo, and one of you is watching something the other doesn't want to...so off to bed it was...I read for an hour then crashed.

So let me tell you about those wings...here is the recipe (from Canadian Living Magazine)

2 Garlic Cloves-Minced
1Shallot diced
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup fancy molasses
2tbsp soy
1/2 tsp chili flakes
3lbs chicken wings
1tbsp veg oil
1/2 tsp each salt/pep

Stir first 6 ingredients together over med-high heat, stir often, reduce and simmer till syrupy (about 20mins).

Toss the wings with oil, s & p and bake at 400 for 45 mins toss with sauce and voila!!

Now who the hell said it was a good idea to do shots at a wedding???? I feel like ass today....but that's a story for tomorrow...now, I must go and have a nap.

Happy Thanksgiving...eat, drink, love and Enjoy!

No comments: