Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hockey and Wings

I wish I could say I was having a nice cheerful and happy day today...but this grey sky and rain is not making it so easy! I shouldn't complain as we have had such a beautiful summer!!! I went to yoga this morning, got my ass kicked. The Vinyasa Flow Yoga at Semperviva is such an amazing work out. I have been going to their 6:30 am classes, but they are pretty wimpy..but the 9:30am on Saturdays with Clara-crazy good! She was away today, but the lady that filled in for her rocked it out.

I then got my hair cut and added a few new highlights, and off to the grocery store. I only just started getting highlights to my hair...for years I have just been Au natural...but I got bored, so put in some streaks. I like them because they add texture to my otherwise, very fine hair. But I hate them, because its so FRICKEN expensive to color your hair...$200 bucks with your hair cut...this drives me nuts because you constantly have to keep getting it done every few months. But I do feel pretty none the less.

Ivan will be home from work soon and we are going to have a "game night" date. I really can't stand watching hockey...but I know its the first game of the season for his beloved Canucks...or Cafucks as my brother likes to call them. I personally like wearing my Calgary Flames jersey, just to piss people off here...but either way....unless I am eating and drinking and/or watching the game live...I could think of 100 things I would rather do. So to make it fun for myself, I am going to make "pub food" but not the deep fried crap you would actually get at a pub... gourmet chicken wings with garlic french fries and a few other goodies. So off I go to create something fun and watch hockey while doing my best to enjoy!

1 comment:

Aryn said...

You are a good wife to watch hockey with your man!!!! Have you made wings before? I haven't tried that yet.....