Thursday, October 28, 2010

After work drinks

So when I lived in Calgary, I used to meet up at one of the really cool "after work drinks" type places....it was a legendary place during its time- called Ceilis (not the same place it is today)...filled with hot men in suits and hot women in skirts, all making shit loads of money and having a fun time on a Thursday evening after work. I loved it. People were excited to let some steam off...chat lots and mix and mingle...it was such an open and friendly place you always ended up chatting up a new (or old) friend.

I don't think I have gone for "after work drinks" since that time..which was over 8 years ago. So today, Ivan and I met a few friends at Johnnie Fox's Irish Snug. The only thing vaguely similar about the venue is that the "snug" and Ceilis are Irish....but the place in Calgary was huge and you would meander all over the place, up and downstairs. Often times a few gals would pair up to do a "walk around" to check out the talent...who's in the crowd...what drama can we stir up tonight. Well the "Snug" is totally opposite...but still a cute little place for an after work bevie. It is true to its name...a snug little place you will miss if not looking for its little red door. But it was cozy, and had a nice big booth to fit the 5 of us, and it was an excellent way to end the work day.

See, working from home and not in a typical office environment leads you to not really "meeting up with the crew for a drink after work". Doesn't exist in my world...so I am doing my best to try and invade other peoples worlds...and I had a great time. Nice to get to know some new friends and catch up with oldies (in every sense of the term...hahahaha ...just kidding Carm...well sorda)

Any way you slice it...find a place to meet up with some buds after your work day is through..share a bevie and a laugh and enjoy!

No comments: