Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Local Public Eatery

After a fabulous ten days in Ontario (save for the scary riots with smashed windows and useless assholes running around, trying to make their statement to the world....frankly the only statement I think they made is...I am a bitter, useless ASSHOLE).

I returned safe and sound into the arms of my hubby, who kindly picked me up from the airport and drove me home. It was Greek days on West Broadway so we walked up and down the streets, catching up after 10 days apart, while taking in the sights and sounds of those crazy Greeks!

I don't know about you, but when either of us is out of town we don't call one another that much...we maybe spoke on the phone 2 times, and the conversation was less than riveting. Neither of us are phone people, we prefer to be with others in the flesh...and its really exciting when you return home because you have so much to catch up on! I really do NOT understand people who HAVE to call their spouse/partner/lover everyday while away...how drab. The worst is when Ivan or I are away and the people we are with say "oh I gotta call the wife/hubby" like its a chore.....why bother...call when you feel like it. Some people really just need to get a life. I'm busy enjoying my surroundings when I am away, as is Ivan when he is away....but wow did we have a lot to catch up on when I returned!

So we walked down to Local Public Eatery on Kits beach, which we have never been to before...but it has such a nice patio and view and the evening was lovely. This is a great spot for casual summer days in Van. We enjoyed TWO pitchers of Sangria, which was excellent and very refreshing...not to mention well priced at only $16...its not super boozy...but after 2 pitchers we were feeling nice and fuzzy. We started with the calamari which was a definite MISS...why oh why do I order calamari at a pub...its always bad....extremely deep fried, lots of batter, and rubbery..yuck...my bad, I should have known better! But the Islander burger was AMAZING...with Vancouver Island Goat Cheese and grilled mushrooms, even the bun was perfect! The meal came with a side of delicious Yam fries which were equally as awesome, and we were plenty full, even with sharing the meal. With all of this gorgeous sunshine that has been promised to us for the next week, I certainly recommend LOCAL for a fantastic meal in your shorts and flip flops.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

helen said...

I WAS JUST READING THIS ENTRY. I AM AFRAID THAT BILL AND I ARE TWO OF THOSE DRAB PEOPLE THAT CALL EACH OTHER ABOUT SIX TIMES A DAY WHEN WE ARE APART. IT ISN'T A CHORE THOUGH. WE LOVE TO TALK TO EACH OTHER WHEN WE AREN'T TOGETHER. WE STILL ENJOY OUR SURROUNDINGS, BUT WE SPEND A LITTLE TIME THROUGHOUT THE DAY SHARING IT WITH EACH OTHER. I THINK WE ARE JUST BIG BABIES THAT DON'T WANT TO GO TOO LONG WITHOUT CONTACT. WE ARE ALWAYS AMAZED AT THOSE COUPLES THAT DON'T CALL EACH OTHER!! THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN. LOL!! WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU IS GOOD, I ALWAYS SAY.