Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 7- Think Like a Blond

Today was such a lovely day! Sometimes working on the Island is like play. My clients over there are just so casual and happy and very relaxed. I enjoyed a fantastic Thai lunch in Langford at The Little Thai Place which was excellent. I slurped a big bowl of spicy soup with broad rice noodles, prawns, chicken and veggies...it was excellent...the noodles are so fat and wide though...when they slipped out of my chopsticks they really slammed back into the bowl splashing broth all over my boobs (the closest body part to the bowl). I was a mess by the time we left...but if you just pretend that your clients never saw the 16 splashes and speckled silk blouse...then you can carry on and enjoy the meal. The service wasn't great for a quick lunch..perhaps they were understaffed, and the little fixtures on each table feature a small button to summon the server...perhaps it was broken. But they are really friendly, and it was totally worth it for a nice lunch, with a great price tag.

Ivan and I caught a late ferry back to Vancouver, and the sun was shining and it was just beautiful out....but maybe the sun was a little too hot, and burnt my brain cells a little....why you ask? Well I was in the middle of a conversation on my phone, while frantically searching and searching the car....Ivan whispers...what are you looking for??? I mouth back to him....so not to interrupt my conversation to say "my blackberry" he just looks at me dead pan...and says uhhhhhmmmm you are talking on it!!!! OMG WTF...how embarrassing.....I had to end the conversation promptly because I had to burst out laughing at myself. Seriously...we all have those "blond" moments, right????

Dinner was a quick little sushi, before our twilight golf...at Broadway Sushi...no link, and not worth going to...we do have a favorite place we like, but the name escapes me now...I'll let you know later. At dinner, came the next blond moment....we are eating away....dousing our soy with Wasabi, munching on rolls, and Ivan asks if I would like to share the soup...and I quickly reply...no, I am not able to eat soy on this diet...."oh" he replies....well why are you using soya sauce? OMG...really Heather.....like I'm clever enough to not eat the soup because it has micro chips of tofu in it...but, yeh...drink the fricken SOYA sauce why don't ya....it wasn't even a hidden, tricky food...name is right on the bottle SOY....well, I think I will tuck myself into bed so I can wake up a clever brunette again...have a good sleep yourself and Enjoy!

No comments: