Thursday, July 29, 2010

Days 13 and 14 Dim Sum Baby!

Wow...what a fully packed and fabulous day yesterday!!! Still absolutely loving my breakfast shakes...you really must try one! I was treated to a fabulous Dim Sum lunch by one of my clients yesterday at Kirin on Alberni. It has such a beautiful entrance and you must reserve, because this place gets packed!

I LOVE Dim Sum....my whole family does...my dear father thinks we must have some sort of Chinese in our ancestry because we love Chinese food so much...I think he knows of a good Chinese restaurant in every city in Canada...and many in the US and a few in other areas of the world....if there's a dumpling to be found....he will find it!

Kirin is fantastic for Dim Sum (and have quite a few locations around town)...I tried shark fin soup for the first time and it was delicious, we also enjoyed a heaping plate of steamed garlic pea tips (always a favorite!), tender and flavourful sticky rice, followed by an assortment of steamed dumplings (in rice paper)...everything was absolutely awesome! They keep the tea flowing and set atop a little burner to keep it warm...a tip for ya....flip your teapot lid over when you want a re-fill. Their Dim Sum menu was pretty extensive and had a good variety. The steamed shrimp, scallop and squash dumpling was a nice twist, and their spicy condiments were full of flavour and heat!

I do however, miss the old school Dim Sum style, where they bring the fun little carts around and you can feast your eyes on each little dish before you choose. I haven't found a restaurant in Vancouver yet, who does this. They still do it in Calgary...where I have to say has some of the truly BEST Chinese food I have ever tasted! Silver Dragon has been a family favorite for over 20 years (sorry no web link...but its at 106-3rd ave SE). They have a very authentic variety of delectable foods..their Ha Gow (steamed shrimp dumplings) and Siu My (steamed pork dumplings) are to DIE for, as are the pot stickers and won ton soup! Every single dish we have ventured to try is really awesome...you have to go here!

Dinner was a quick salad and then off to a fabulous fireworks party at the ever so swank Shangri La....tough life eh....its really hard for me not to simply Enjoy!

No comments: