Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 9- Meal Plan

So I just have to tell you about my second visit to my Naturopath Sonya at Divine Elements , I was really impressed. From the information I had given her during our first visit, she compiled the info and test results (written questionnaires) and created a wonderful plan just for me, complete with daily meal ideas!

She also provided me with some basic tips to incorporate...many of which I already do..ex. Warm water with honey/lemon each morning, Extra Verg. Olive Oil vs. Canola, Sea Salt vs table, Steam Veggies vs. Fry, decrease use of condiments, increased whole foods and water intake. Some of the tips I had not heard of... take 1tbps of apple cider vinegar before meals....odd, but she says it will get my tummy prepped to receive food and assist in digesting it properly...I put some in my salad dressing today, as downing a tbsp of straight vinegar is too harsh. Also she suggested sushi be eaten in low moderation, because apparently some sushi restaurants use corn syrup to make their rice stick together!

Her meal plan is also fantastic.....I have a naughty habit of hearing what the latest fad is..or reading something in a health magazine and following it by rule etc. etc. So I had read that Internet piece about just eating fruit on an empty stomach for breakfast each day...so I had been doing this for about a month...and feeling horrible and bloated and just a sour tummy all day...but I figured..well this is "healthy" so I'd better stick with it....but Sonya really blew that theory apart, reminding me that we are all different and our bodies may process foods differently. Suggesting I try a breakfast smoothie, or some steel cut oats with almond milk and fresh berries instead (holy crap, who knew that you could actually pay $13 for oats!).

So this morning I made my first shake:

big bunch fresh blueberries
1 banana
Almond Milk
Whole Pecans
Phase 3 powder (ask your naturopath if you need this)
A few ice cubes

Toss everything into the blender, wiz it up and I must say it was delicious, and I felt totally fulfilled. This week I will try adding Almond butter and experiment with different fruits...fun!

I bought some smoked salmon tips today so for lunch I had a beautiful salad composed of spinach, tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, avocado, and salmon tips with a simple dressing of

Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Honey
Squeeze of lemon
Salt and Pep and dried Dill

It was just awesome...a beautiful summer salad! Dinner tonight will be a little more difficult once again as we are going over to friends house for dinner. They are new friends and we want to get invited back...so I am not going to fuss (as they don't know I am on this "restricted meal plan"...I will enjoy everything and do my best....hope you have a fabulous night as well and really ENJOY!

No comments: