Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 8-Fresh Salads and Chill Winston

I just knew it would be a packed day yesterday, so had no time to write....but it was a great day! Started off the morning with my usual warm water with honey and lemon, then enjoyed some eggs and rice cakes with butter and honey. I was so busy with work, I had no time to prep a lunch, so ran across to old faithful Greens and Gourmet (2582 W Broadway...sorry no webpg). This is a great hidden treasure for fresh and yummy vegetarian foods...so I know I would have options there. It was hot out so I just wanted a quick salad. This is a cafeteria style joint, so you pay per weight. Fabulous salad bar with the works, plus a fantastic hot buffet filled with all sorts of creative dishes and desserts...tofu cheesecake, sugar free blueberry crumble, pies and cookies....all with a healthful twist!

For a snack, I went back to the old school days, when mum used to pack ants on a log in my brown paper bag...but I didn't have any raisins so I just filled a few celery sticks with almond butter and drizzled with honey and it was delish!

We went out to a friends birthday party for dinner last night...which was a bit more challenging...but the menu at Chill Winston was fairly accommodating...they had a veg, quinoa and tofu dish that looked amazing..but no soy for me. So I opted to share a batch of garlic/wine mussels with Ivan, which were pretty good...but I make better! This is a trendy little place...lots of twenty somethings...I think their patio would be fun on a hot day...but I probably wouldn't go back just for dinner.

No comments: