Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 12-yoga and Soup

Yet another easy peasy day. Up early to hit the 6:30am Vinyasa Flow yoga class at the Kits beach Semperviva studio. If you haven't tried out any of their yoga classes, you should...they offer 5 or 6 different styles, and I alternate between the Flow, Hatha and the Kundalini (which is an absolute blast!).

I love doing my yoga in the morning so I can enjoy my evenings with my favorite husband...well my only husband (sorry, sounded a bit like a polygamist there). Anyway, after about 5 years of doing Bikram's yoga (which is the exact same 26 postures, every single day, in extreme heat) my body needed a change. Now don't get me wrong...I think anyone with any type of bodily issue, whether it be weight, asthma, allergies, spinal issues, arthritis, sciatica, carpel tunnel, or just a general messed up body should do Bikrams 3-4 times a week for one year and your entire life will change! I lost quite a bit of weight, and fixed my spine which had been giving me severe chronic pain for many years...so Bikram (to me) will always be a miracle. That said, my body was still craving a change...and Semperviva was it! Their studios are bright and open, and each and every class is totally different. Hatha for slow stretch and relaxation, Vinyasa Flow for strength, cardio and power, and the lovely Kundalini, which cannot be described in words...its a combo of cardio, and pushing your body past its limits in ways you THOUGHT would be easy....just try it...its amazingly fun..and you sometimes get to rock out to Indian hip hop music!

Today started with one of those delicious shakes...yum...I just love them..and adding a scoop of almond butter just knocks it over the top. Lunch was Cactus Club yet again....a hazard of my job....always going to "chain" restaurants...which really are never my first pick....that said, quite easy and efficient for a business meeting. And, I will admit, most of the chain restaurants have pretty awesome salads...Cactus has their Raincoast greens, Earls has their Quinoa and Prawn, and Milestones has two of my faves, the Thai noodle salad, and their Grilled Seafood salad, which is absolutely amazing.

Dinner was pretty non-inventive....no time to cook tonight...so had a bowl of Amy's Organic Lentil soup. About 3-4 times a year, I have to resort to the tinned soup, especially when my week is packed....but Amy's does some nice soups when you are in a pinch. We had a little cucumber salad on the side and that was about it. Now its off to dream land

Enjoy!

No comments: