Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Days 5 and 6

I didn't have a chance to write yesterday, because I am currently in beautiful Victoria for a business trip. I had the big boss men in from Toronto...so was fully booked yesterday with meetings/dinner and sleep before our big presentation today...which went very well I might add!

I got up to speak in front up about 50 of my clients...and although I LOVE public speaking, I was nervous as shit today and consequently couldn't catch my breath while talking....but I made my way through...and am looking forward to the next opportunity to speak..so I can learn how to calm my nerves....but I think that's a part of why I love doing it so much...the adrenalin rush...not many things give me that excited rush (maybe Disneyland or Sex....or Disneyland AND Sex...yes I know I am a grown woman...but Disneyland, in my opinion really IS the happiest place on earth..and I LOVE it!)

Anyway, watchin dietary restrictions while on a business trip is always a bit of a challenge...but I did pretty good. We are staying at the Sheraton Four Points in Victoria/Langford, which is fabulous! Normally I like to stay downtown..but needed to work out of Langford for the presentation and this was a great choice...its a new hotel and the staff has been very accommodating AND their restaurant is actually very good. It's what I would call "gourmet pub" style food. Excellent patio upstairs, fantastic selection of food and the menu actually denotes all of the CELIAC friendly dishes...they even have wheat free/gluten free breads...so this is a GREAT place to go if you have dietary restrictions. I've been here for two days now and eaten 3 meals and each was great. The jambalaya was awesome...spicy, and full of flavour loaded with chunks of meat and seafood...fruit and oatmeal for breakfast, and lunch was cedar planked salmon with roasted veg....I must recommend this spot for both the food and hotel...a great all in one package...good for business travel for sure.

Tonight was a bit more difficult as we went to a clients birthday party, and it was beautifully catered...however, it was sliders (aka mini beef burgers) which looked amazing (but I can't eat red meat at the moment either).....so I just snacked on raw veggies (so boring when you cant drown them in ranch dip) and dug into the fruit platter..and now I am eating a bag of almonds...not the most satisfying dinner...but what the heck...I stuck to it and had a lovely evening...so now I am going to take the rest of my night and Enjoy!!

No comments: