Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 1

So I have wasted no time and decided today should be Day 1...and I did pretty darn good...not perfect mind you...but pretty darn good.

Before breakfast, on an empty stomach was a cup of warm water with lemon and honey. I had questioned Sonya (the gorgeous naturopath who is assisting me) on the lemon as my diet says no citrus...but she says in Eastern practice lemons and limes are like the gods of all foods....so I just have to skip oranges etc.
Hot water is an easy one for me, as I've been drinking just that (or Silver Tea as some like to call it for fun) for about the past 10 years. My grandma, who is 91, and still has great skin got me onto it..helps with digestion and supposed to be good for the skin...now I am just adding some jazz!

After that followed a slice of Kamut toast...okay, yes this loaf is so heavy and dense that if I threw it at you, your head would most likely fall off...but its not all that bad, and you can buy a variety of gluten free breads at Kitsalano Natural Foods (sorry no link...2696 W. Broadway). This is actually an awesome store to hit up for grains, bulk nuts, rice noodles..or any type of noodle for that matter, snacks and dried fruits. I slathered on a thick layer of Almond butter (buy a big jar at Cost-C0...its great) and it was pretty good. I also enjoyed some fresh local raspberries on the side.


Lunch was pretty easy too...I had a business luncheon, and most restaurants these days are pretty good with a gluten free diet.... we went to Cactus Club and I ordered the Raincoast greens sans cheese...and it was awesome...even ordered some shrimp on top which was just perfect and I felt totally fulfilled!

Dinner was tougher as we went over to friend's who cooked us a beautiful summer dinner and they didn't know I had just started a restricted diet....but it worked out just fine. I did try one of Angies amazing baguette topped with roasted tomatoes and Parmesan...they were delish...but I only had one....supper was fabulous with grilled kabobs...chicken, shrimp and veggies, plus a big delicious salad and a small bit of couscous....so I wasn't perfect tonight, as I had a bit of wheat/gluten with the bread and couscous...but everything else was a green light and just lovely.

Thank god for friends who make you meals...what a nice treat for a Friday night...we really did Enjoy!!!

No comments: