Thursday, March 31, 2011

Singing in the Shower

My husband is amazing...not only because he has been a dream while I have been feeling nauseous, tired and cranky, but because he is just so darn creative and cute!

For the past few months I have felt pretty yuck...beyond tired and not a lot of energy.  Now I hear that this is supposed to pass for most women into their 2nd trimester....I have not yet reached that point....but fingers crossed it is soon.  I have spoken to many mom's and apparently it really is different for everyone.

He has been dragging me out of the house almost daily to go for a long walk, which really does help with the nausea and has been doing his best to help with dinners, and all of the house work...but this morning REALLY took the cake.

He has been sad that I have not been my usual "Heather" self, and one of the things that the usual Heather does, is to sing my heart out in the shower.  Well I just haven't felt up to it lately...and he feels that it is a good idea to sing and dance so the baby feels happy.  He also knows that I don't like singing most songs if I don't know all the words...so I stick to my usual 3-4 ditties.  This morning when I stepped into the shower..to my delight and amusement he had printed off the words to one of my favorite Keith Urban songs "I wanna love somebody".  They were posted on the shower wall, covered with plastic so not to get wet.  HOW CUTE IS THAT!  So today, I belted it out...sang every last word and sang it again...and I am certain the baby was dancing (either that or trying to cover its ears)

All I have to say is that this is one lucky baby to get to have a daddy like my Ivan....we are two extremely lucky people.

Try singing your favorite tune in tomorrow's shower and Enjoy!

No comments: