Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fish Tacos

Last night I made such a lovely, light and quick easy dinner..you must try! Fish tacos...yum!

I followed a recipe from an old cooking light book and coated two large pieces of Basa fillets (recipe called for catfish, but apparently you can use them interchangeably) with a mixture of flower, paprika, thyme, oregano, cayenne, garlic pdr, salt and pepper and pan fried them for 4 mins per side.

Earlier I had thinly chopped up some red cabbage and tossed with mayo, cider vinegar and a pinch of sugar for a quick and easy slaw.

warmed up some small tortillas (nice soft flowery ones for Ivan and my cardboard gluten free ones for me) and we stuffed them with the slaw and warm, spicy fish chunks and topped with avocado, tomato and cilantro...add a splash of fresh lime juice and delish!!!! I must add this to my weekly meal plan....not that I have one...but if I did..hahah.

Its easy, healthy, delicious and a meal I am sure the whole family would Enjoy!

No comments: