Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CRAVINGS

I always found it so interesting to hear about pregnant ladies cravings....whenever someone would say they were preggers, the first question out of my mouth was "do you have any cravings" not sure why...probably my obsession with foods. As many of you know, I am a fairly health conscious person, and I take great care in what goes into my body. It doesn't mean that I deprive myself of the things I love that are maybe not so good for me (aka. pizza) but moderation is key, and whole foods are a must.

Since I have not had the propensity to hit the yoga room, and my only exercise has been walking, I have really been taking care to eat healfully....not to mention I want my baby enjoy the benefits of mama's good nutrition....but that certainly doesn't mean that I haven't had cravings! In the very first 6 weeks or so, I started craving sweets. I don't have a sweet tooth, so this was pretty surprising...and walking past the cupcake shop left me weak in the knees. So I indulged and enjoyed a few of the bright, sinful treats....Ivan of course helped me.

That phase quickly past and I began to crave salt....and I mean CRAVE salt. When mom and dad came to visit, and we told them the good news, Dad bought me a jar of pickles as a joke..but I at the whole jar within a week...normally I would eat about 1 pickle a year. Then I discovered chips....I have always hated chips, and never even thought of eating them....so in an effort to insure at least a bit of good health...I bought Organic tarro root, beat and veggie chips and they were delicious.

The salt craving has calmed down now, and i found these delicious little all natural plantaine chips at a health store and they really help to satisfy that edge. But the biggest craving I think to date has been DIM SUM!!! OMG, I just crave dumplings like crazy. So almost every other weekend Ivan and I have been having dim sum dates and its been wonderful. We have tried 3 different places so far ( I will write up a little comparison blog some time). As long as I crave it, we will continue to go so I can get my fill of dumplings..yum! There is a commercial for pizza on t.v. right now...and now I am craving pizza LOL. Every now and then, it is OKAY to give into your cravings...just be sure to ENJOY!

No comments: