Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A perfect Saturday

I know the weekend was like forever ago...but as I mentioned I have been hibernating and not much in the mood to write lately so my gaps are a little longer in between...but Saturday is certainly worth writing about!

We had a little sleep in, and then decided to go for a long walk....it started out like a good idea until it began to snow. But we got bundled up anyway and carried on our marry way, stocking up our pockets with gift cards and a little "to do" list. We walked down to the sea wall in Kits then over to the aqua ferry. We often do this on nicer days....it was quite freezing cold....but the little ferry was nice and warm...and we had to make a few transfers which made for a lovely, lazy scenic adventure. It is so darn easy to enjoy a romantic day in Vancouver without even trying!

We arrived at our destination in Yaletown and quickly found some shelter in a nearby starbucks where we sipped warm drinks and read the paper and just relaxed. Then, like clock work my stomach started to growl...and yup it was noon...time for lunch. Our intention was to get to Pacific Center Mall, so we hopped on the very convenient sky train and 3 minutes later we arrived. Sadly we ate at the foodcourt...but found a suitable cafe that sold fresh wraps...so we ate some chow and carried on to look for shoes. The best place for mens and womens shoes in that mall is really Browns (unless you can fork out 1,000 at Holts). Ivan was looking for black suit shoes....and like usual...walked in, found an awesome pair, fit like a glove and walked out. I really hate men sometimes....why do they fit everything. Sometimes they can even buy stuff without trying it on and it bloody well fits. Me...forget it....9 times out of 10 shit don't fit. But it was a triumph for him and he was very pleased with his new purchase....so we carried on to MAC.

I have been saving up empty MAC makeup containers for years...and finally accumulated the coveted 6, so marched them up to the counter to ask for my free lipstick. I was a little worried they may have discontinued the program...but I was thrilled to hear otherwise. So a nice big bajumba of a diva helped me with colors, and we walked out the door with my little prize. Everyone wins. We had been gone for about 5 hrs by this time so made our way back home on the bus.

We quickly changed and primped a little before hopping in the car and heading out to friends home for dinner where we were treated to an absolutely delicious homemade chicken pot pie. This is a dish I never had growing up...and have really only tried a few times, and it is such a homey, comforting meal on a cold and snowy night.

It was an absolutely lovely day, and as we made the long drive home late that evening, I lingered over the acknowledgement that my life is really filled with so much pure joy. The simplicity of spending a day exploring the city hand in hand with my handsome hubby, dining with great friends and soaking up the bliss in every little moment. Next weekend, grab your love, or a buddy, put on your comfy walking shoes and Enjoy!

No comments: