Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snow Day

what a day....a major snow storm on the Island today! It looked absolutely gorgeous when I looked outside my hotel window..but driving in the stuff..not so much. It took me an hour to get to my first appointment which should have only taken 15mins! Quite a few of my other appointments cancelled so I tucked myself into my hotel room for the rest of the afternoon and worked away.

No interesting adventures with food today unfortunately...and I am stuck eating in the hotel tonight because the weather is just crap! You think I would be used to the snow, being from Calgary and all...but nope. I got out there and my car wouldn't get traction...sliding this way and that....not super fun. I wondered how I did it all those years in Alberta...but remembered that they are fully equipped for snow....with salt and plows and everything, so by the time you hit the roads they were usually all plowed clean. Not in Victoria..or Vancouver for that matter...it snows here and everything shuts down...schools, stores...people don't go into the office...its crazy.

So now I am just ordering up a pizza...which feels totally naughty since I have been back on my gluten/wheat/dairy free diet....but whats life without a little cheating every now and then eh...I am sure I will enjoy.

No comments: