Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friday night Favorites

How lucky am I? Very I would say! I had a long, productive and tiring week working over on the Island. 3 nights and 4 days, and although I really enjoyed it, I was pretty exhausted when I came home...not only that, but I missed my hubby.

I got off the ferry and drove home...I was instructed to pick up some bacon, which I did....not just ANY bacon...only the best Chilliwack thick cut, smoked local bacon...almost a buck a slice...but its worth it and you can get it at Market Meats on west 4th. I regress....I finally arrived at the condo and opened the door to a sparkling clean house...everything was in its place...the pictures that had been sitting on the floor for months were now hanging on the walls...everything was dusted, vacuumed, washed and looked wonderful. The dining table was also set for two, with the fancy napkins, wine glasses and even name cards......my heart melted.

We went for a long evening walk, down by the water...hearing the waves against the rocks is so amazing. Then back home for din...It was Friday, meaning it was pizza night...so we topped our crust with a variety of fresh veggies and cheese and added bacon this time for a treat....and that it was...just knocked it over the top! We sat in the glimmer of candlelight and ate our pizza and fresh salad and talked about the week....how lovely.

After dinner, I got cozy on the couch and there was already a movie in the machine awaiting my arrival...and it was my all time favorite movie Pretty Woman!!!!!!! I almost cried I was so excited...I watch this movie every few years, and I always ask Ivan to watch it...but the answer never seems to be yes....until last night....my favorite food, favorite man, favorite movie...how could a Friday night get any better?? Enjoy!

No comments: