Sunday, February 6, 2011

The battle of the Sexes

Last night was ladies night out at Christine's! There were five of us birds in this huge old, surrey home all ready to gab and feast. Christine had everyone bring a dish which I think is such a great idea...something I forget to do...and I think I will do more of. This way you don't have to make it this dramatic event, that you must prep for days..and you can do it more often.

The amazing chef Aryn made beef wellington with homemade chicken liver pate (OMG can you say Martha!), and just in case that wasn't enough, she also made salmon with a creamy leek sauce...there were balsamic, truffled mashed potatoes, a bright and yummy quinoa salad, Tuscan beans with sage and buttery cauliflower and carrots....it was an amazing feast! And everyone seemed happy to bring something along. I always feel like when I host I want to do everything...but this way everyone chips in, and it was not only delicious, but a lot of fun.

There is really nothing like a group of girls getting together to cook and eat....thank god I am a woman. Ivan tells me about his "guy nights" of chips, chips and more chips....and maybe if they are lucky...a panago pizza. Today he went over to a buddies house to watch the Superbowl with a group of dudes....this is one of his soccer groups so he hasn't really socialized much with them "off the field"...he was told this was a pot luck...which immediately impressed me...perhaps this group actually knows what real food is all about. Ivan decided he wanted to bring a salad...because he figured no one else probably would....and he wanted to make home made Cesar dressing to boot!!!! I felt proud....so I dug out my favorite recipe and coached him along....he was really hoping that I would just make it for him....but I pretended to be busy working...while he measured and poured, then wizzed up an easy and yummy homemade Cesar dressing...raw egg, worchestire fresh Parmesan.... the whole bit!!! I heard the host may have even made chili....I am excited to hear all about it...and hope that they enjoy!

1 comment:

Aryn said...

So..... How did it go???!!!