Friday, September 17, 2010

What I Want?

I really don't understand why people feel the need to reem others out for things that are beyond that persons control.

This is my job....the life I have currently chosen for myself and sometimes I think I am crazy for choosing such a profession. I work in Sales...but sell a product I have absolutely no control over, so I do my best to bring in the sales...just to have people shit all over me. Sometimes (like this past month) I just want to throw my hands up in the air and say Fuck it. But then I reconsider, and stay put.

Do I really think it would be better in another career??? I talked to someone last night who is following her dream of being a Kinesiologist....loves the work, but the $$ is shit. Then I talk to others who say their work is shit, but the $$ is great.

It seems there are the rare few who feel that the $$ is great and the work is their passion. I take that back...I am sure there are a LOT of folks out there who have that...but I have only ever met a few (perhaps I hang in the wrong circles). I totally believe it is possible....but I don't believe I can have the lifestyle I dream about, and have posted on my vision board....just from a "job", which is why my hubby and I invest...we put lots of $$ away, and continue to invest and seek out other opportunities for a well balanced portfolio.

So what If I were already rich...a billionaire....would I keep my job...NO....what would I do? For so many people, they have answers right on the tip of their tongue....ready to burst out....but I feel a little lost in this respect. And as we all know, if we don't have a clear goal in mind..how in the world can we ever achieve it?

This leads me to a little game that Ivan and I are due to play this weekend. It's another one of my wonderful life Coach, Christina Sestan of Citrus Coaching Solutions games. In this game, there is no winning or losing...no good or bad, and no expectations of a result or solution...the objective is simply to get to know yourself better and your partner. So one person takes a turn and just speaks of all the things they want....no comments/judgements or anything from the listener...and then you switch roles. I am excited to play this game with Ivan...and learn a thing or two about ourselves.

One thing is for sure....I really love to write, and to Eat...and cook and...... and...... speaking of which, time to get my butt ready for a night on the town with friends, which I know I will most certainly Enjoy!

No comments: