Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Food Allergies-Detected

Crazy missing my blog! I watched Julie and Julia again for the 4th time and cried most of the way thru, because I just love that movie so much...hence the idea for my little blog adventure. If you haven't seen it...I highly recommend it....I watched it with my mama this time and dad and Ivan and I liked it even more than the first time.

Anyway, as many of you know I have been seeing a naturopath for the past few months in hopes of getting my tummy sorted out and feeling great. I have had horrible bloating issues since I was young....sometimes my stomach looks and feels like I am about 5 months pregnant...so uncomfortable...and not very sexy at all.

Anyway, Sonya (naturopath) had me on a restricted diet, eliminating all of the major common food allergens....but after a month, I was sick of doing that...so opted for a more definitive answer....and I took the blood test. It cost 300 bucks...but OMG, I found out I am allergic to Almonds....I have Almond milk EVERY day in my fruit shakes...and eat raw Almonds often....Eggs was another...yikes....I eat eggs every other day!! Soy...no problem...green beans!!! who knew....and of course the one I was dreading most... my beloved Dairy....no cheese for me. Pineapple was also high on the list to avoid completely.

Not bad overall. And she did say that if I can avoid all of these items for about 3 months, and take the recommended herbs and oils, that we can actually change the gut environment and make it more resilient and healthy once again, so I can re-incorporate raw cheese etc.

The blood test is called the E95 Basic Food Panel and I am thrilled that I got it done....so I know what the heck bloats me up so big like a balloon. I am excited to start making some of these food adjustments over the next while and see how I feel.

So the huge batch of gooey lasagna that I made on the weekend will be the last for a while....so I really made sure to Enjoy.

No comments: