Monday, September 27, 2010

Food Matters

Saturday evening we went to a little gathering at our neighbours house. We don't know them that well, so it was nice to socialize a bit over some nibbles and wine. They are a very nice couple and had a lot of interesting friends to chat with.

There was one young fellow who is a family doctor. He was very opinionated about many things...and one in particular being naturopaths! Now I know they come from two very different schools of thought, but I just don't understand how he could be so closed to the concept that natural vitamins and foods can actually keep you healthy?! what a novel concept eh. His philosophy is, "naturopaths are great if you aren't sick" I say, maybe you wont get sick if you focus on health and well being in the first place...all a part of prevention.

Now I understand there is an absolute need for Doctors...my brother is a surgeon...so I get it...my whole foods and naturopath isn't going to fix my leg if it breaks. And I also get that the majority of society does not take care of their body and instead fills it with such things as soda, coffee, and processed foods out of a box or can. Those cold cuts that you put in a sandwich are filled with preservatives and high levels of salt...I mean think about it....is a chicken really shaped like a long wide tube...not last time I checked.

It frustrates me immensely to see so many people suffering from all types of sickness...many of which potentially could be cured by diet. Eat whole foods...and if you don't know what that means.....shop around the outside perimeter of your market and don't go down the aisles!

Check out this interesting movie called Food Matters its long, but could offer you a new perspective on how you are currently living your life.

There is a lot of interesting information out there, and of course many different philosophy's on how different diseases can manifest in one's bodies....read about this in an amazing book called You can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay . Her book also discusses the importance of foods..but her belief is that negative emotions from your past, may show up in another form years later. For example unhealed angers that you may have been holding onto for many years can manifest themselves in the form of disease. This book is fascinating and looks at myriad illnesses and even offers a natural cure in the form of affirmation. I know many people may think this is real hokey pokey....but why not open your mind to another way of thinking...personally I would rather try eating clean and using affirmations than dumping chemical meds into my body.

It really saddens me when I hear of someone who is a smoker who had cancer and yet continues to smoke....perhaps they do not value their life?

I pray for health for all of us, and am in no way claiming to be any sort of expert...but I do believe there is an alternative out there...or at very least an additional measure to take....so we can continue on living a pain free, beautiful life to Enjoy!

No comments: