Sunday, September 19, 2010

HOT JAMBALAYA BABY!!!

Wow, is all I can say. What an evening!!!! Ivan really outdid himself this time. Actually the whole day was wonderful. We slept in a little on Saturday morning...tossed around in the sheets for a while........ then went for a cup of tea, and a muffin at one of the most wonderful little hidden Kits treasures called Aphrodite Cafe. They make the BEST muffins, hands down, that I have EVER tasted. They bake them fresh daily...only have 1 kind for that day, and all of them are amazing. They are also known for their pies, which Ivan has tried and said it was wonderful..and their brunch is equally awesome...I am sure dinner and lunch would not disappoint! We sat there for a few hours and played cards and just relaxed, as I kicked his ass at our favorite game called Quiddler.

Then we walked back as I had an appointment with my naturopath, and Ivan made an appointment for himself as well!

After that we indulged in a massage at our favorite place Acalanatha, where it truly is a combination of pleasure and pain...gotta work those kinks out! After that, we decided to go for a long walk, then pick up a bottle of vino, and some groceries. We went to a new organic grocery store called Greens, and its a great little local place, and has the most friendly people working there...a very pleasant experience if you are in the hood. So we got our groceries and we then made the journey back home.

Ivan was making dinner....he chose a recipe from a fantastic book I had bought him when he moved to LA, called Starting Out: The Essential Guide to Cooking on Your Own. It is a wonderful book, with all of the basics, that I use often. He chose an ambitious recipe of spicy Jambalaya! So I hopped out of the shower to find my gorgeous hubby in his tight little boxer briefs wearing my red apron, pouring wine....HELLOOOOOOOOO.....all of my dreams have come true!!!! He looked sexy as hell and I was very pleased to perch on a bar stool, sip wine, nibble appies and watch him cook!!! OMG, seriously this is my fantasy....and I am living it....so he assembled everything perfectly in my new Le Creuset dutch oven...which every cook should invest in....what a wonderful piece to have...and its well worth the exorbitant price!

Beautiful aromas filled the house, and the dish was perfect...plump prawns, spicy Italian sausage, and braised chicken in a warm and flavorful spicy saucy rice....wow....we definitely now have two cooks in the house!

After dinner, there was dessert...but I most certainly will not be telling you about that part...but I can assure you, I did ENJOY!!!!

No comments: