Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Haunted Empress???

Ahhhhh, Victoria. Here on a work trip. Love it every single time. Tonight, I opted for Milestones down in the Harbour. Normally I avoid chain restaurants…but I was craving their Grilled Seafood Salad…it is so delicious. Crisp greens, beautiful salmon, avocado, papaya salsa, roasted Italian tomatoes and smoky grilled tiger prawns…it is so awesome when you feel like a salad. If you go downstairs to their lounge type place…there is an outdoor patio and some inside seating…overlooking the twinkling Parliament Buildings….its kinda magical. I don’t mind dining alone at all…a nice glass of vino, with a lovely salad, and my blog….what a sweet evening. I am staying at the Prestigious Empress Hotel…very famous for their “high tea” I think it costs $75 bucks per person for the finest teas and crumpets, scones and finger sandwiches….as the Queen does…for sure worth the experience if you have a few extra hundred kicking around… But I prefer martini’s in the Bengal lounge…very king like.

Not only is this hotel famous for their high tea...they are also famous for their ghosts! I am feeling a little nervous as I am on my own, and staying at the Empress because my hubby can get me staff discount rates…. Sooooo, upon checking in, I advised the lady at the front to give me the least haunted room…furthest away from all ghosts. She immediately went back to her computer and said, oh, let me change your room then. I pretended she didn’t say that….and then she said….so I have moved you down to the third floor, from the sixth. I am shitting my pants as she says this….she continues….”because most people say the sixth floor is haunted” OMG…so I animatedly say “AND YOU HAD ME ON THE SIXTH FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!” to which she replies…”well yes, but when you said you didn’t want a haunted room, I moved you as far away from the sixth as I could” OMG, OMG, OMG…that is crazy (for anyone who reads this blog in the next 100 years or who is older than 60, OMG means Oh my God!). So then I asked…"have you seen any ghosts here?"…then immediately coming to my senses before she can answer…I quickly say... “forget it…I don’t want to know” to which she replies “lets just say..I have worked here for 17 years” What the Fuck does that mean???!!!! I know exactly what it means….so I said "well the 3rd floor has a nice ghost right?"…and she says…ummm yes…like Casper. UGGGGGGGGGGG…..I think I will just sleep at the restaurant.
Unfortunately someone at the table beside me keeps farting and it smells bad….so off I go…wish me luck, as I am not entirely certain I will enjoy?

No comments: