Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Preppy Mom

The other day I had an audition. I have had the tips of my toes dangling in the world of commercial acting for ohhh about 7 years now.  A pretty unsuccessful 7 years I might add. But now that I am on Maternity leave, I have given my agent the go ahead to get me out to auditions as much as possible.  So the interesting thing is you are sent a "breakdown" of the character and what they are looking for...ex. Tall good-looking, fit black man 30-35yrs old.....short, Caucasian woman with warm eyes 40-50yrs etc etc.  I always find it interesting to read these descriptions to see exactly how my agent perceives me.  So this particular commercial breakdown was looking for two different Caucasian actresses. 

#1-Sexy bombshell early 30s

Whoop whoop...that's me to a tee..isn't it....uhhh oh wait a sec...then I see that my agent has submitted me for:

#2 - Preppy mom-late 30s 

Really?...Really?!...I am not even mid Thirties yet...and yes I may be a mom, but my baby is only 6 months....does this automatically transition me out of sexy bombshell into the "mom" category.  I suppose the leftover mashed yams that are stuck on my shirt may have given it away...or perhaps its the bit of spit up on my white militant nursing bra? Maybe its the fact that I have been wearing the same jogging pants and tank top for the past 4 days that was a clue.  Either way...having a baby is more than worth moving into the late 30s preppy mom category.....but I will be the cutest damn preppy mom they ever did see.
Enjoy.

No comments: