Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Classic...Kindergarten Cop???

Having a child changes you permanently....its like a new part in your brain, body and heart grows...a part that simply could never exist without experiencing children.  What has inspired me to write this email...I just sat through Kindergarten Cop, and bawled through most of it....not something I would have done in the past...who the eff bawls during Kindergarten Cop?!  This is what I mean by the permanent change...its truly physiological.

I was really not interested in other peoples children before....sure they were kinda cute (some of them)...but mostly an annoyance really.   Loud, smelly, annoying (did I already mention that)...the older ones obnoxious...telling stupid jokes that I couldn't even be bothered to muster up a fake laugh for. It also meant my friends who had em rapidly adopted a new circle of friends because they couldn't get a babysitter/were sick/were tired...were parents. I simply preferred drinking wine, eating at awesome restaurants and traveling the world with my husband.

If it weren't for that "ticking clock" syndrome that many of us thirty-something gals have....I could have waited easily another 10-15 years to have kids...but alas my eggs could not. And now...well, I wouldn't change it for the world.

So...in the spirit of being that parent who stays at home every night because we have no babysitter/tired...I decided to watch Kindergarten Cop (aka nothing else on the tube) and because I now have a son who I love more than anything on this planet (except for his father of course) I find anything to do with children fascinating and adorable....okay and I am sure the post-natal hormones had something to do with it too. Plus Arnold Schwarzenegger holds a special spot in our hearts now, because our son Dutch was named after his character in Predator...yes, I am serious. Those darn kids in that movie are totally hilarious and I could just picture our little guy saying some of those silly things that those kids did...if you haven't watched it in a while, I highly recommend it ( I can't believe I just said that) I'm still not super crazy about other peoples kids...but I can certainly appreciate how loved they are by their parents...because I know they have been changed too.

Being a mommy doesn't mean that the wine, restaurants and travel have to stop...it just means 2 glasses vs 2 bottles, Swiss Chalet vs. VJs and trips to Calgary vs. Peru. It is now 9:30pm and I am tired...and I think I will go to bed.

Sweet Dreams and Enjoy

No comments: