Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thank You Husband

So as I had mentioned in my last blog...I really think it is how you are brought up, or what you are used to....the influence you had regarding whether to celebrate or how to celebrate your mom on mothers day.  As a child you simply wouldn't know the occasion existed..or even if you did, you wouldn't know what to do.  So it is up to all the daddies out there to set the example!

I think our little boy will have the very best example set by his wonderful father.  It was my first mother's day this year and Ivan admitted he didn't remember when the date was...but someone at work had brought it up.  So he gave me some advanced notice that he would like to celebrate by taking Dutchie for the day so I could get out and do something for myself.  And boy did I!!!  I went to the spa and got a deliciously relaxing 75 min facial.  Then I enjoyed a cup of steaming tea and a giant muffin while reading trash magazines...it was a morning of pure bliss.   Of course I found myself thinking of Dutch and if he was hungry, or if this or if that...so I did call a few times...but Ivan assured me that they were having a wonderful time.

I then zipped to the fish market to purchase some fresh seafood for dinner!!! Ivan had asked me to pick out a recipe so he could cook me dinner....this was music to my ears.  Although a little overwhelming...when my hubby says he wants to cook (which he does about twice a year), but I have to choose the recipe...OMG it took me days to decide...but I finally chose a Cioppino recipe that looked simple but fabulous.

I went home to feed my little man and myself and then off I went again to do a little clothing shopping...but then started to feel guilty for leaving Ivan with Dutchie all day....but trying to convince myself I deserved the break....I tell ya...a woman's brain has never been tested and worked over so intensely once there are children involved.  It's exhausting sometimes.  Nevertheless, I did manage to find two beautiful party dresses.....I went in for some simple tops that would disguise my new mommy tummy...but instead bought two fabulous party dresses???!!! Not sure when or where these parties are happening...but I am ready for when they do.

Picked up a few more groceries for dinner and made a mad dash back home.  We bathed and fed our perfect little angel and then Ivan turned on the tunes and poured me a glass of bubbles while I sat up at the bar watching him prepare an absolutely amazing dinner...in his underwear I might add.  I was in heavan......I loved every moment of it.  There is only one thing I enjoy more than cooking...and that is being cooked for!!! 

We enjoyed a beautiful meal...finished off the bubbles and I couldn't have felt more celebrated if I tried.  My husband made a real effort to make me feel special for my first mother's day and I think because he made this effort...and hopefully does in years to come..our son will be raised with a good appreciation of this lovely occasion.  So Ivan, I want to Thank You so very much for making me feel wonderful for my very first mother's day...for choosing to recognize the occasion...even though I am "not your mother" I feel blessed for these lessons you are teaching our little son.

I look forward to celebrating you on Father's day.

Enjoy.

No comments: