Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 24-Spiritual Sunday

What a beautiful day. Today I took my husband on a spiritual journey...he agreed to take part in a Spiritual Sunday event a la Heather! We started off the morning reading a little, then enjoying a nice brunch. Scrambled eggs with olives and sundried tomatoes??!!! Yes, my lovely friend Aryn (who it seems I truly learn so much from....darlin, you should write a cook book!), puts these treasures in her eggs, which I had never thought of before and they are just AWESOME! The other trick to beautiful, fluffy scrambled eggs is to beat them until nice, light and frothy..and pour into a medium heat, non-stick frying pan with melted butter. My momma taught me that one...I used to use olive oil, but it just doesn't have the same fluffy richness as butter...beloved butter.

Which brings me to a point which is so often discussed...the margarine vs. butter debate...which really shouldn't be a debate at all....butter is natural and made from a living animal...margarine is a manufactured chemical cocktail that really has no place in the kitchen...google the debate on marge vs butter and you will find a whole schwak of information. Anyway, I regress...after the eggs, I took Ivan to the Spiritual Center for Dynamic Living, which could be considered a church type group...but not in the conventional way....if you like such teachings from Echart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, and believe there is indeed a higher power, something greater than you out there...then you must attend their Sunday service. I would like to start attending this group on a more regular basis as you simply can't help but reflect on your life, and appreciate your surroundings when you attend....and they are what you would say "non-denominational" so to speak...they believe "God" can be called whatever suits you and your beliefs...so exchange for "Higher Power", "Universe", "Allah", "Buddha", "Jehovah"...really whatever suits your fancy....and you get to sing...how fun!

After our experience at Dynamic center, we carried on for a cup of tea and then back home to make some lunch, before heading to Kundilini yoga at Semperviva, which is one of my favorite classes. You chant, sing and sometimes dance..while getting an amazing work out for your physical body and inner spirit!

We then topped off the night with a Roast chicken dinner, with all the fixn's. And now we will watch our favorite Sunday night show, which is America's funniest home videos. I have actually been watching this show on Sundays since I was young..as it was always on, after Sunday family dinners. It's always good for a belly laugh or two and we really like watching it together...you should try out a Spiritual Sunday with your significant other some time..just for something different, and Enjoy!

No comments: