Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 20-Acupuncture for a Princess

Well today was my second treatment of Acupuncture at the naturopaths. Odd experience really..the first time she went easy on me...but this time was much more intense...needles sticking out of my head, legs, hands, and one gem in the tummy...yikes..that one hurt like a son-of -a-bitch!!! But Sonya mentioned it may be because of the stomach issues I am still experiencing...but are really getting better and better each day, considering my new dietary restrictions....poached tomato, basil fish tonight!

After such a tender experience, I went to buy groceries for dinner, and saw a lone, pretty helium balloon shaped like a castle with Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty on it....it was just left at the cashier and so I bought it...as a treat. Call me a child, call me "out of touch with reality" but I LOVE Disneyland and all of its beautiful creations. True true...from the small feminist side of me...the Disney Classics can really lead youngsters astray, teaching young women that their Prince will one day come and rescue them from the scary world and make everything perfect....or in the case of Belle..that if the man you meet is ugly, if you can see past his monstrosities, he may just be hot afterall... but I don't care...I grew up with all of these movies and lessons, and fell in love with one Princess after another...and today, I am a secure, independent business woman...who did indeed meet a handsome prince...but he did not buy me a white horse...and my castle is a small condo...but why can't we indulge in the pure joy, unyielding happiness, and beauty of fantasy.

We can learn a lesson or two from these hot little Princesses...they talk to nature...they stop to smell (and chat with) the roses, they are pure of heart and maintain a beautiful innocence....whats not lovely about that I ask.

One of my most favorite places in the world is Disneyland...many people make fun of me, upon learning this fact. But I really don't care...I grew up going to this place with my amazing family, and it truly is magical...from the moment you step foot on the pavement leading under the archway, through the flags you feel sparkles in your tummy (at least I do), and once you walk down Main Street USA, you cannot help but GRIN, try not to...I dare you. This is a place, where you can simply enjoy the sites and sounds, see kids and adults, grans and babes giggle with delight, smile in awe of the big puffy Disney Characters that mosey through The Magic Kingdom...and you simply feel like a child all over again. Everything is pure, simple, enjoyment... so maybe Disneyland isn't your bliss, maybe its a beach in Mexico, or the Spa, or Camping with friends...but I think it is so important to discover what that Bliss is for YOU...where work vanishes, and your heart is free to sing.... so that is my prescription for a life lived Happily Ever After.

In the words of Helen Keller "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

I hope you Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Accupuncture is great for stress no doubt about it. But you should also consider nature exposure therapy. One good place to go to is Huatulco, Mexico... Lots of nice mexico private beach condo

Heather said...

Wow...this looks awesome...thanks so much for the link...will have to check it out for sure, for some nature exposure therapy!!