Monday, May 16, 2011

Healthy Cookies!

So as my tummy gets bigger each day...so does my appetite.  I still haven't gained THAT much weight...under 10lbs but I am only 5 months along.  I have begun to feel precious little flutters pretty much daily, and it is wonderful.

I have once again been craving sweets....most likely due to my mama's traditional Easter Egg hunt at home.  She still does this for me annually...and now my cute hubby gets to partake as well.  We scurry around the house to find gifts, and usually Ivan has found 10 by the time I find 2...damn that sneaky bugger.  My mom tries to give me clues with her eyes so I can find more....quicker...but that Ivan...gosh is he good.  Mom and Dad just watch with amusement, and we love to entertain.  This year however, the gifts seemed to be for one such soon-to-be grandchild...bibs, mitties, blankies, toys, books...I came to a fast realization that Easter may no longer be mine....it will now become our babies!  We did of course enjoy many bars of chocolate, which I haven't had in a long time....and you know, once you start the sweet train...its hard to stop!

So I researched gluten free/wheat free oatmeal cookies and found an awesome recipe to curb my cravings... they were delish...who thought sugar free/dairy free and egg free could be so good.  I even used Carob instead of chocolate...yum.  They went in a matter of 3 days!  I don't think they were Ivan's favorite thing...but for an ultra healthy alternative, I would take these any day...and so I did..and enjoyed every bite.

So each night before I go to bed, Ivan rubs my belly with a nice oil and we have a chat with the baby....so last night....as I lifted up my shirt to reveal my baby belly....to my embarrassment, I also revealed numerous cookie crumbs that were scattered all over my stomach...one big chunk and lots of little sprinkles...we both burst out laughing....what a class act! Reason, once again for Ivan to call me his little slobalina...I used to think that was a ridiculous nickname...but if the shoe fits......

If you are a health conscious person like moi, but are craving something sweet...make the cookies, just eat them with a bib, and Enjoy!

No comments: