Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Family and Friends

So yesterday was officially the 1yr anniversary of my blog.  It was kind of exciting to think about...although a bit disappointing in the same breath because I haven't been writing quite as diligently as I want/ed.  But that is okay....busy living life I guess vs. writing about it.

We just returned from a wonderful vacation to Toronto and Calgary.  Why wonderful you ask....since it is just Calgary and TO...not like its paradise or anything...but it is where my family is.  And if you haven't quite grasped it yet....my family is so important to me.

We spent time with one of my best friends in TO and her lovely new fiancee, and then some time with some of our favorite relatives and then enjoyed a few evenings with my brother and his girlfriend and my mom and dad flew out to TO to surprise them which was just awesome.  Dad took us all out to La Castile in Toronto which was quite the experience.  You pull up through these big iron gates to a beautiful old castle type place...it was magically haunting inside with grandiosity everywhere.  You just knew the mafia must have a standing reservation, it was an amazing room.  It is a steak and seafood house and the steaks are the size of your head, and cost just the same as any high end steak joint...LOTS.  Portions were huge and we all ate like kings...it was wonderful.

We then went to Calgary to stay with my folks and visit a few friends which was also lovely.  I enjoy being at my parents home very much...cooking and eating meals together and just lazing about, and seeing my dear friends was just awesome...I wish we all lived closer.

Not sure if it was the extra hormones floating around my pregnant bod or what, but I found it very difficult to leave Calgary this time...even shed a few tears.  Thank goodness we spent a night in Canmore with more best friends which took my mind off home and settled on pure enjoyment of the company at hand. 

We drove back to Vancouver and here were are, in the soggy pouring rain...enjoying our little home...and making our own little family.  We had another ultrasound today and baby is well...healthy and looked very happy floating about.  He/She even wiggled and kicked its wee feet for us....just like dad....a real toe wiggler.

If you live close to your family and loved ones, please don't take it for granted....make a lunch date with your mom...or cook Sunday dinner for your sister.  Sometimes people who live close by never bother to see one another....so know that you are very fortunate....take advantage and Enjoy!

No comments: