Monday, April 4, 2011

Roast Chicken

I have probably written about my love for perfectly roasted chicken numerous times before....and there are a million different ways to make them.

Of course my moms is the best...but even when I try it her way, I somehow just don't seem to get it right.  I have played around with different temperatures and for me I have discovered that the best way is to roast that baby at high heat for approx 1hr and 20 mins (depending on the size of the bird).  I roasted mine on Sunday at 400 degrees and it had a nice crispy skin with juicy and flavourful meat.

I rubbed my seasonings (lemon, herbes de Provence, salt and pep and garlic) directly on the meat by separating the skin with my fingers and it was perfect.

Try the high heat roasting method and I think you will be pleasantly surprised...although watch your smoke alarm and enjoy!

No comments: