Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Global Grill

What can be considered a pretentious, plastic, meat market at night...can certainly be transformed into a wonderful place to enjoy a business luncheon by day. Don't get me wrong...I actually enjoy the Global Group's eateries (with the exception of Sanafir, which has really taken a tumble downhill over the past year or so)...Coast is pretty great...awesome room... Italian Kitchen and Trattoria are both very fun..and those Kobe meatballs they are so famous for are totally worth the visit...the vibe at all of their locations is always buzzing...so when you are in the mood to see and be seen...these are the places to hit up!

I was treated to lunch at Global www.globalgrill.com recently, along with a group of clients..it was pouring rain and chilly out, but we were still seated on the patio, each chair well equipped with a blanket...but you didn't even need that...the heaters from above kept us warm and toasty...so no one even had to keep their jacket on....that is a huge pet peeve of mine....I CANT STAND wearing a jacket or being cold while I am enjoying a meal...how is that enjoyable if your arms are frozen and you are shivering so much you cant even hit your mouth with the food...forget it...if I am eating at your house and its cold....you had better heat things up!

I digress....so lunch at Global is a great experience...the food seems to be much more reasonably priced, and the portions are generous. They started us off with a mixed platter of satays which were fabulous!!! This is a great option for sharing with a group of people over drinks...or a light meal for yourself. They are good value, and a fabulous way to enjoy a variety of small bites if you are not into a heavy meal. These were followed by the lunch special which was Halibut (its currently in season) which was to DIE for...it was tender and very flavourful, served on a bed of cheesy smashed potatoes and fresh green beans...perfecto...one of the nicer pieces of Halibut I have had lately.

In order to help us digest the food properly (or at least that is what I tell myself), we quickly washed lunch down with one of the most delightful cheesecakes I have ever tasted! It was a seriously creamy lemony filling, with a silky marshmallo-ey chiffon topping......can you even imagine..served with berries on the side...pure joy.

As much as I love dining out...we have not had a chance to cook for ourselves in a while..and I am starting to crave some healthy foods to get my body back in balance...so that is precisely what is on the menu for tonight! But do try Global Grill...their weekend brunch is equally as fabulous!

Enjoy

No comments: