Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Seattle here we come!

My gosh, where has the time gone.  I remember when I first started this blog, I would write daily...I would get up in the middle of the night to blog if I had missed a day.  It always amazes me how I can get so excited, and passionate about "something" and really love doing it, but then let it slide...I guess the novelty wore off?  It's not that I have lost my love for writing, and its not that I have such a busy life that I have no time to do something that I enjoy....but I think I just forget...I get absorbed with other things I suppose.

Nevertheless, here I am...here we are.  So much has happened since my last entry I really don't even know where to begin....but I will tell you about my minor (to me major) success last week.

Ivan was doing the Ride to Conquer Cancer from Vancouver to Seattle again this year, and since  I missed him at the finish line last year, I really wanted to be there for him this year....BUT I didn't want to do the drive alone.  So I was hoping someone would come with me...but alas...it didn't work out.

Why was I so scared to do the drive alone, I really have no idea...I suppose my dad's voice in my head..as it sometimes is telling me its too dangerous...I shouldn't be doing it while pregnant...not that he actually said these things...but that is what I heard him saying.

The trip was only about 3hrs, but I think it was crossing the boarder and getting lost that scared me the most.  But I made a final decision and went for it.  I woke up early Sunday morning and had a nice leisurely drive...got to the boarder and my heart started beating like crazy....like I am some "bad" person, with something to hide....but after balking at my smuggling in rice cakes and an apple, they sent me on my merry way.  I stopped at one of the outlets and bought myself a new purse and wallet, and was feeling extremely pleased with myself, so headed on to meet my amazing racing man.

The map quest directions let me right to the middle of nowhere...the center of a small town with a dead end road.  But I was almost an hour early, so not to panic.  I decided to park and walk into a few stores to ask people where the race was ending.......but no such luck...people had no idea.  I drove on, and asked more...they said oh maybe here..or maybe there...so I drove on and asked more...i probably asked 20 people...my phone was dead, and I was really starting to get upset when I got the call from Ivan asking where I was...he had crossed the finish line and so there in the Safeway parking lot I proceeded to bawl my little eyes out.....like really messy cry...not pretty cry.  I felt so awful that once again I had missed his big moment.

I finally made it over to him, and instead of us celebrating his major success, it was all about how to calm the pregnant girl down...which I did eventually.  All was not lost, however, because we spent the night at the Fairmont which is beautiful and had a fabulous dinner at The Metropolitan Grill , where Ivan dove into a steak with blue cheese, and I opted for their Grilled Portobello veggie platter which was completely amazing, it felt like eating a steak.  I bought him a bottle of bubbles for the room to celebrate, and we slept in the next morning which was bliss.  We strolled around Pike Place Market which is an absolute MUST, Ivan did a little wine tasting, while I tasted some truffle oils and salts. We bought some big, beautiful bakery items from the best bakery called Piroshky  filled with gluten I assure you.....but it was a real treat!  Then we walked some more, and ended up spotting this adorable roof top patio overlooking the water, where we stopped for a lazy lunch. The restaurant was called The Pink Door which had very simple, beautiful foods with excellent fresh, and thoughful ingredients.  The patio was amazing...but the interior looked fabulous as well.

We didn't rush home, but stopped at a few of the outlets along the way home and just enjoyed the drive.  I couldn't help but thinking what the heck was I so scared of...imagine if I didn't go...I would still have this silly fear, and would have missed out on such a special time away with my hubby....yet another lesson learned.

My love...next year our child and I will for sure be waiting for you at the finish line!!!

Enjoy

No comments: