Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cibo Trattoria

So I went out with a client/friend for dinner on Friday which was a lot of fun....and I got to pick the place.  It's funny because I always have a bunch of restaurants I am "dying" to try out in Van, but as soon as I have the opportunity, they all seem to escape my mind...I really should keep a list!

So I did a google search and this place called Cibo Trattoria kept popping up as a best Italian resto, and it looked kinda cool, so figured let's try!

It was a lovely little hole in the wall in the Moda hotel. The decor was very European style with exposed brick, simple tables and decor...but the feeling was charming all around.  It was about half full, which was okay with me, as I am starting to really hate noisy restaurants.  Clearly I must be getting OLD...because if I can't hear my dinner companions, and have a soar throat from speaking loudly after dinner..forget it, I am OUT!  So this was perfect, as we got to chat and really enjoy the food.

We started with the prosciutto wrapped asparagus with morels which was rich and delish, and we also had the bruschetta which had a modern twist with anchovies, braised greens, and full of flavour.  We each opted to try the Cod for dinner which was so tender and served on a bed of slow cooked giant peas drizzled in a heavenly sauce.  We split the tasty fingerling potatoes and arugula salad to complete the meal and were both pleasantly satiated.

I would certainly go back to Cibo to try their house made pastas and their other creative specials, as the entire menu sounded awesome...it changes daily to incorporate seasonal, fresh ingredients which is always a winner in my books.

Give it a try and Enjoy!

No comments: