Friday, July 1, 2011

New and Improved Superstore

I love long weekends...I wish every weekend were a long weekend....but then I guess we wouldn't appreciate them as much.

Not that we are doing anything particularly exciting this weekend...but it was sure nice to sleep in this morning and kind of have  a lazy day.  Went for a long walk...caught up on some emails, while Ivan and his buddy drove around to man stores (aka home depot) and bought man stuff (aka. wood and nails) and started building a huge storage unit in our parking garage.  This will enable us to move a bunch of stuff out of the condo and make room for baby!

I decided to take a drive to Superstore as my cousin had mentioned they now have a really good natural and organic foods section for reasonable prices....and she was right!  I found my rice milk, coconut oil, kamut pasta, gluten free cereals, my greens plus smoothie powder...even my cashew butter...all for WAY cheaper than Capers or Wholefoods....it was like I found the jackpot.

They also have a really good ethnic selection if you are looking for different condiments, sauces and pastes.

The baby section looks huge and really affordable as well...the clothes are so cute...but I am not buying anything for the time being for 3 reasons:

1) We don't yet know the sex...we are awaiting the surprise
2) A lot of our friends have already had kiddies and are anxious to pass along their clothes
3) Soon to be Grandma Shirley has already bought so much stuff for this child, I don't know where we will put it all...and baby is not even here yet....this child is going to be soooo spoiled.

Anyway, if you are looking to stock up on your canned goods, condiments, sauces as well as Organics...head on over to your local Superstore and enjoy!

No comments: