Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The "Nesting" Phase

Been forever since I have written once again....but what mom has time in the day to sit down and write.  Especially with a toddler ripping around and baby # two due in about 2 weeks!  YIKES is all I can say.  Everyday something happens that I would like to write about...some amazing restaurants I have tried out in Calgary...but my days seem consumed with domestic duties, diapers, walks to the park, doctors apts and when I have a moment to myself, I choose to NAP!  I have been very tired throughout this pregnancy, and in the last month and a bit I have succumbed to napping when my son goes down...and I feel like a better mom and wife for it.

I am now in the "nesting" phase of this pregnancy, so have been cooking and baking up a storm so I can stock my freezer full of stuff so I don't have to cook once the new baby arrives.  That was the LAST thing I wanted to do when Dutch was born, and I am forever grateful for my mom who spent almost a month with us and cooked and baked and just took care of all of us.  Now I have the luxury of living in the same city as this saint....and I know she will help out lots....but I still wanted to get a good head start on stocking my freezer.  For anyone else looking forward to having a new baby, I strongly suggest doing this.  Freeze soups, stews, casseroles, chicken pot pies (our fave), muffins, breads etc.  You will appreciate your efforts when you are delirious with zero sleep and don't know which way is up.  And your hubby will be Thankful too....especially if he is not the cook in the family.

But then there are also so many premade things that you can pick up for a quick dinner post baby....cost co does this well with their pre-roasted chickens, fresh pizzas, myriad salads and platters...I know I will be sending Ivan there once my freezer runs out.

I am looking forward to meeting this little one and feasting on my freezer full of treats!

Enjoy

No comments: