Friday, December 3, 2010

Federico's Supper Club

I was born in the wrong Era. I may have mentioned this before, but I really feel like I should have been raised in the 50s. I absolutely love seeing those old Marilyn Monroe movies with the glamourous dresses, Audrey Hepburn with her pretty gloves and upswept hairdo...I love the old school music and polite charm. It just seemed like such a fun, innocent and fabulous time to live. No one dressed in sweat pants or ripped jeans, instead everyone seemed to take such pride in their appearances.

Going to a hot party back then, meant that you might go to a big hall and listen to a live band...or you would attend the school sock hop for some good clean fun. I LOVE dancing...but not the type that exists today...you know, the grinding of the private parts on the dance floor, or the rave dancing....nope, thats just not for me. I love to jive dance....swing to Big Band music...it is one of my most favorite things to do.

I know there are lots of other folks out there who like this sort of fun too...and you will find it at one of my favorite places in Vancouver called Federico's Supper Club on commercial drive! It is always packed...you usually have to make a reservation and it is utra cheesy, but so much fun! We took my parents there last night, and unfortunately the place was packed with two large office Christmas parties, so we were stuck in a little table in the back corner....which was fine because it was a bit quieter. There was lovely dinner music being played by a live band until around 9:30 and then the star...the sexy little Federico comes on stage to sing his heart out! He sings EVERYTHING...from Elvis to Black Eyed Peas....it was so much fun. We ate their four course meal (which you must for the month of December). And it was pretty good...a little pricy..but the food was enjoyable.

You really go to Federicos for the fun and experience...the old school dine and dance. A perfect idea for an office party...or a birthday party (I celebrated my 30th here)...or just for a fun Saturday night. The key is to ensure you go with a group of people who like to dance...Ivan's and my dad weren't all that keen at first...but we did get up and dance until we lost our breath!

Please go to this place for some good, old fashion fun and Enjoy!

No comments: