Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Poached Salmon and Happy Holidays!

Well, the time has come! I leave tomorrow morning for the start of my 1 month long journey. I fly to Toronto for a few days of work and fun with my bro. And then off to discover Bolivia and Peru with my handsom hubby!!!! I am so excited...and a little nervous, because I have never backpacked for a month before. I guess I did 3 weeks in Greece when I was younger....but I am thrilled. All of my clothes fit nicely into my pack, and I have absolutely zero expectations...the bliss of being completely geographically ignorant, is that I have no idea what to expect!

So I made a nice healthy dinner to send us off....sooo easy, you must try it. My mom used to poach salmon, and it is such a delicious way to eat fish.

Simmer a pan half full of broth, lemon slices, white wine and pepper for a few minutes. Pop the fish fillets in and poach for about 6 mins (depending on the thickness etc). Whip up a little aioli of mayo, lemon juice, lemon zest, capers, pepper and a few shavings of garlic and plop on top of the fish....delish!!!!

My beloved FOOD WITH A SIDE OF LIFE fans, I will be on hiatus until mid January...so don't abandon me....I promise to return with lots of stories and fun things to share. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas...enjoy each day with your families and loved ones, eat lots of decadent foods, sip bubbles and above all ENJOY!

No comments: