Sunday, December 5, 2010

Family

I feel so lucky to have the family that I do! I was feeling pretty sad that we were going to be missing Christmas this year...and mom could tell, so her and dad hopped on a plane to spend a pre-Christmas with us!!!

We had a wonderful time! I just love being with my family....and I am so blessed that my husband enjoys them, and they enjoy my husband...so now the term "family" includes one more.

We celebrated Christmas on Saturday. We slept in a little, and woke up to our little tree brimming with brightly colored gifts. Santa even filled our stockings.....it was a lot of fun. We got spoiled as usual, and we were lucky because we got quite a few practical gifts for our trip. But my favorite gift was these AMAZING martini glasses from this random place mom and dad stopped for gas in California called Harris Ranch...they said it was so random, because mom decided to go for a walk and check out the area and stumbled upon this Oasis. They ended up staying to eat a fabulous meal, and mom went to check out the gift shop and she saw these amazing Christmas Martini glasses. I LOVE them....and we made good use of them by filling them with Martini's during happy hour on Saturday!

I made smoked salmon crepes with cream cheese and avocado for brunch, which were lovely. Then we all went for a massage...mom and I went for a long walk and picked up groceries to prep a wonderful Christmas dinner together. I enjoy cooking with my mom....sipping martinis while the boys watch hockey, or some crappy sports station...it was wonderful.

I really feel blessed that I have such a loving family, because I know many others are not so fortunate. I don't take it for granted, and only wish we all lived closer....perhaps one day.

Ivan and I are off on our trip this week....so only a few more blogs, and then I will have to retire until January...unless of course, I end up at a computer in Bolivia!

If you haven't planned it already...be sure you spend some time with your family this holiday season...even if you normally don't....make their day....drop by, give a hug and enjoy!

No comments: