Saturday, August 4, 2012

I Salute You Single Parents!

So yesterday was day #1 of being on my own with baby Dutch.  I haven't been on my own with the little guy without some sort of help from Ivan or family since he was born, and it was a magnificent day.  Ivan left early Friday morning for a soccer tournament/boozefest/golf/awayfrommykidandwifeahhhhhhh long weekend.  Bugger.

Anyway, yesterday was bright and sunny so after Dutchies first nap I strapped him into the Ergo baby and we hopped on the bus headed for downtown!!!  It was the first time taking Dutch on a bus....not my favorite mode of transport by any stretch...however, Ivan has the car and I wanted to take baby on an adventure.  Bus went okay....I had to pop a boob in his mouth...but that just fixes everything....men..sheesh!  We went for a visit to where I used to work, where Dutch was quickly swept up in ooogles and kisses by the ladies in the office.  We stayed for about an hour then headed for some shade under a tree so little mister could have some lunch.  After that, mama was hungry so I stopped at a food truck on Burrard called Tacofino and treated myself to a scrumptious seared tuna taco that was so perfect, I suggest you go.  The burritos looked amazing, but they were HUGE and I wasn't so hungry (surprise). Then we popped back on the bus and headed for home....it was such a lovely day, and we both went to bed happy and completely pooped.

Day #2....not so dazzling.  Dutchie decided to wake up at 6:15am this morning..and after attempting to let him "cry it out" for a while, the cries did not "out" so up I dragged myself...plastering a smile on my face in order to greet my screaming child. My eyes are still fuzzy, I trip on a toy....I am not happy...but coochie-coochie-coo baby....lets greet the day my little goo goo gaga.  I s-l-o-w-l-y walk us through our usual morning routine....attempting to distract him from boob for a few minutes until he demands to be fed immediately.  So fed, he is!

Its too early on a Saturday to go out anywhere, as nothing will be open, so we play, and we play and we play...in between the uhhhh NO Dutchie don't climb on the fireplace, play- play.....NO Dutch, stay away from daddies home-made screen door, play- play, DUTCH...NO, don't put your fingers in the fan...play- play -play AHHHHH Dutch, don't try to climb up on the ledge..your gonna hurt yourself.....waaaaaaaaaaaaa. See I told you.  I feel so bad telling him no all the time...but condo living + baby = NO NO NO. That will be changing soon!

Finally ...three hours later, its time for Dutchies first nap...ahhhhhhh peace at last...oh wait, I have 4 piles of laundry to do...I'll quickly throw one load in then sit and relax and read my smutty book....okay laundry in....oh shit...I forgot to clean up his highchair and surrounding area...don't want the food to get stuck on...then Ill sit and read....okay done.  I grab for my smutty 50 Shades of Gray to see what sort of kinky sex Christian and Ana are going to have today...WAAAAAAA Mutha Fuck....REALLY Dutch...REALLY...you have been sleeping for only 20mins??? What happened to your hour long naps, clearly you know your father is out of town and you are trying to brainwash me via rest deprivation.  Uggggg okay..until later Christian.

Dutch is up an at em, so we head out in the stroller to Whole Foods for a delicious muffin which we take down to Kits beach.  Dutchie plays on the grass, pulling up the leaves and flowers and putting them in his mouth...I let him, because I am eating a delicious muffin....waa waaa...okay ready to go are you.  We quickly fit in a few errands and head back home for a late lunch. It is now after 3pm and Dutchie is cranky and appears to be ready for a nap.  He is down and out for the count within minutes....I am EXHAUSTED...so I crawl into bed myself to try and catch a few zeees....WAAA WAAAAA....NO, no please....I was Just drifting off WAAAAAAA....yet another 25 minute nap..what is going ON! Must be teething AGAIN.....and now I am not happy mom, and no matter what you do for the rest of the day, you will not be able to make me happy....groan.  I sure hope my husband is having a good time..bugger.

Mr. Dutch basically cried and whimpered from 4pm until bed time....I wanted to pull my hair out....I have never thought about Divorce until now......but I seriously seriously do NOT know how single parents do this...its only been two days...and I have two more to go.  If you are a single parent...for gods sake please live near your family or hire help.  FUCK I forgot about the laundry...mmmmmm it smells like soggy feet.

My one saving grace is my little boy before bath time..its the best...when he gets all in the rudey nudey...gives his little hammer a yank to make sure its still there, then giggles away....I get tears thinking how lucky I really am...(I also get tears because the diaper genie effin wreaks).  He plays like a champion in the bath...splish splashin away and gives me a slobbery, open mouth kiss on my chin, then tries to bite it....seriously I couldn't love anyone or anything more than I love my son in this moment.

He goes to sleep quickly....I think its been an exhausting day for both of us (Ivan...don't you even dare complain about your sore back after all your soccer games...you are soooo sending me to the spa when you get home).

I salute you single parents!

Enjoy.

No comments: