Sunday, October 9, 2011

8 Days Overdue!

Talk about a holding pattern!!!  Baby is officially 8 day's overdue and it sort of feels like he/she may never come.  Ivan equates our "due" date to Christmas coming and going, but there were no presents.  And each day that passes, we think....it could be today...it could be today...but nada.  My mama was here all week in great anticipation of the big moment, and unfortunately she had to leave this morning for a cruise that was booked over a year ago...but we did get a chance to spend some nice time together, long walks, cook nice meals and catching up over daily tea.

I am still feeling excellent and feel that the babe may come tomorrow....but heck you never know.  The doc says she only allows 10 days before she will induce...which I think is rediculous to have such a firm date of induction.  If the baby and placenta are fine and mom is healthy and fine why oh why does the medical system feel they need to treat everything with drugs...gotta speed things up.  Baby will come when baby is good and ready to come....besides there can be no exact "due dates" anyway....they go by what YOU tell them was the first day of your last period....I guessed as accurately as a person can...but I could have easily been off by 2 or 3 days...who pays attention to that stuff!!  And in speaking with doulas and those of the Midwifery mindset as well as many other women it seems it can be perfectly normal to be 2 or 3 weeks early or late...I do not want to be induced with meds and we will tell her just that...but hopefully it doesnt even come to that.....as you will discover an intervention such as Oxytocin to get things moving, generally leads to a slippery slope of other labour issues and eventually C-section. 

A Thanksgiving baby would be perfect...much to be Thankful for!!!  We had our "post-term" ultrasound to satisfy our doctor and give her a comfort level that everything is okay...which of course it is.  The technician said the baby and everything looks great, and it is looking very chill in there....it must be because of the pre-natal yoga!

I went to class yeserday and was the "Queen" which made my hubby proud and me shed a wee tear of joy.  I love my yoga class so much and the teacher is just something extrodinary..she is also a birth doula so we do birth mantras and moving meditations to help teach us to perservere and build confidence (along with the other lunges and body strengthening movements)...we dance to James Brown and circle our hips to Bangra....its such a special class.  So each class she discoveres who is the "Queen" aka who is the furthest along in their pregnancy that day.  Last week when I was at 40 weeks, there were two other ladies at 41...so today I was the only lady at 41 weeks...as you hear all of the "gasps" in the room.  But where else would a very pregnant woman want to be...but surrounded by 30 other beautiful pregnant and glowing women, dancing and ooohhhmmmming and building strength.

I must also say that having such an amazing husband has also made my pregnancy extremely delightful.  He rubs my feet daily and gives me shoulder, head and back massages, and is so encouraging its just awesome...we make a great team!

Well today we will be going to friends house for a big Thanksgiving supper which will be awesome...I LOVE Turkey dinner and Chris is such an amazing cook....hopefully the baby is just waiting for Turkey dinner too, and will then join us tomorrow.  Until then I intend to spend every precious moment with my wonderful hubby and just Enjoy!

No comments: